Formerly known as Williís Village, the Altes Brauhaus is under new ownership and management. Now operated as Temporary Lodging, the Altes Brauhaus dates back to the middle 1800ís when the original structures and facilities were first operated as the local brewery and village tavern. Historical references can be found in both the community archives and the local church chronicles.
The first mention of the brewery is found in the village church chronicle dated March 1854 naming master brewer Heinrich Ohlenforst as the owner and founder. The tavern, on the other hand, is first mentioned in the in the community archives dated August 1861. It is unclear when the brewing operations ceased, however, the tavern operated continuously, except for a short period during the final days of the Second World War, until the mid-1980ís. It is believed that ownership of the brewery passed to Lambert Ohlenforst around 1902 and eventually to the following persons: Karl and Gertrud Scheuvens; Heinrich and Kathe Kruekel; Herbert and Gertrud Jansen; Josef and Hedwig Netten; Willi and Kikki Hendriks; and finally to its current owners. With the arrival of the AWACS aircraft and personnel, the Altes Brauhaus slowly evolved into the temporary lodging business hosting newly assigned military members and their families.
The Altes Brauhaus no longer operates the restaurant or tavern although the former bar area now serves as a great room for all guests and is equipped with comfortable seating, fireplace, flat-screen television with surround sound, DVD player and a large selection of DVDs. Relax and enjoy a cold drink or perhaps something from our complimentary coffee/tea bar.